Table of Contents
- Information Collection
- How We Use Your Information
- Information Sharing
- Third-Party Content And Analytics Providers
- Consent To Transfer
- Questions Or Comments
We primarily use the information we collect when you use the Tampico Sites to communicate with you and to allow you to use the Tampico Sites and to interact with us.
Tampico may sometimes share Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes. If you would like to opt-out from this type of sharing with third parties, please email us at: email@example.com. Please write “opt-out from marketing” as your subject line. In addition, we may share your Personal Information in other limited circumstances.
The Tampico Sites may contain advertisements and other content served by third parties, and we work with third-party service providers to serve our advertisements elsewhere online. In connection with serving content and providing analytics and advertising services, third parties may collect certain information about your visits to this or other websites and we may receive information regarding the use of the Tampico Sites and the effectiveness of our advertisements. These advertising networks, advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers, and other vendors may set and access their own tracking devices (including cookies and web beacons) and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you and your online browsing activities. Click here for more information. Some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. You may want to visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ which provides information regarding targeted advertising and offers an “opt-out” by participating companies.
- Registration and Other Information You Provide
The Tampico Sites may collect “Personal Information” (information such as your name and email address that can be used to identify or contact you as a specific individual), account information (such as a password or other information that helps us confirm that it is you accessing your account) and demographic or other information (such as your school, gender, age or birthdate and zip code and information about your interests and preferences). Any information combined with Personal Information will be treated as Personal Information. The Tampico Sites are not intended for, marketed to or available to individuals younger than the age of 13, and individuals younger than the age of 13 should not submit personal information to us.
- Information You Submit to the Tampico Sites and Community Features
- Information Third Parties Provide About You
- Social Media Features/Integration with Third Party Platforms
The Tampico Sites may permit you to interact with a third party site or service, such as enabling you to ‘like’ us on another site or ‘share’ content from the Tampico Sites with other sites. If you choose to share content or to otherwise post information through the Tampico Sites to a third party site or service, or vice versa, that information may be publicly displayed. Also, the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Tampico Sites. Similarly, if you interact with us through a third party site (for example, if you ‘like’ or ‘follow’ our page on a third party site), or if you post a photograph or otherwise link content from a third party platform with the Tampico Sites, we may have access to information about you. Remember that if you post content publicly on the Tampico Sites or on one of our pages on a third party site or service, that content may be posted elsewhere, including elsewhere on the Tampico Sites or on one of our pages on a third party site or service.
- Usage Information Tampico Collects Automatically
Like other websites and online services, we and our third-party service providers (including any third party analytics and content providers), may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Sites (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include the browser and operating system you are using, the search terms you entered into a search engine that lead you to our Tampico Sites (if applicable), all of the areas within our Tampico Sites that you visit and the time of day you used the Tampico Sites, among other information.
In addition, we automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any computer, mobile phone or other device you may use to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your device used to access the Sites, and our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the Device used to access Tampico Sites. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as Personal Information.
- Usage Information is collected via tracking technologies, including:
Cookies and Log Files: A cookie is a data file placed on your computer or other device when you visit the Tampico Sites or otherwise access our online content. Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web. A Flash cookie is a data file placed on your device via the Adobe Flash plugin, which may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your computer or other device. Flash cookies may be used for various purposes, such as enabling a Flash feature and remembering your preferences. If you choose to disable cookies or to adjust your Flash privacy settings on your device, some features of the Sites or our content may not function properly. For more information about Flash and the privacy choices Adobe offers, visit: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html
Web Tags: The Tampico Sites and our communications with you may contain small graphic images known as “tags” or “clear GIFs” and similar technologies . These web tags can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, and a description of the page where the web tag is placed. Web tags or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Tampico Sites, to monitor how users navigate the Tampico Sites, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed. Our web tags may collect some contact information (for example, the email address associated with an email message that contains a web tag).
An Embedded Script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Tampico Sites, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device from our server or a third party service provider and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Tampico Sites.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Please note that information submitted on the Tampico Sites via a “Contact Us” or other similar function may not receive a response. We will not use the information provided via these functions to contact you for marketing purposes unrelated to your request unless you agree otherwise.
Tampico may share non-Personal Information, such as aggregate user statistics, demographic information, and Usage Information with third parties, including marketing partners and analytics providers; and third parties may collect non-Personal Information when you visit the Tampico Sites
Tampico may sometimes share Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes. If you would like to opt-out from this type of sharing with third parties, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write “opt-out” as your subject line.
- Service Providers. We may provide third parties with access to user information, including Personal Information, in order for them to perform certain services on behalf of the Tampico Sites or Tampico, such as fulfilling and processing orders, tracking analytics, sending communications on our behalf or performing other administrative services.
- Business Transitions Tampico may share Personal Information with its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes. Tampico also reserves the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the Tampico Sites) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Tampico Sites or one of our databases; in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of certain of our ownership interests; or other company change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions that may require registration. By participating in a promotion, you are agreeing to the terms, conditions or official rules that govern that promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the promotion to use your name, voice, likeness or other indicia of persona in advertising or marketing. If you choose to enter a promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list.
- Employment; EEOC. If you apply for a job with Tampico, we may ask you to provide us with self-identifying information (such as veteran status, gender and ethnicity) in connection with laws and regulations enforced by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”), the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (“OFCCP”) and similar state and local regulatory agencies. Providing such self-identifying information is voluntary, but if you do provide us with such information, we may submit that information to the EEOC, the OFCCP and similar state and local regulatory agencies for business-related purposes, including, but not limited to responding to information requests, fulfilling regulatory reporting requirements and defending against employment related complaints
THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND ANALYTICS PROVIDERS
The Tampico Sites may contain advertisements and other content served by third parties. We work with vendors (including network advertisers, ad agencies, and analytics companies) to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Tampico Sites, to serve our advertisements elsewhere online, and to provide us with information regarding the use of the Tampico Sites and the effectiveness of our advertisements. For example, if you clicked on one of our advertisements, our service provider(s) may be able to tell us which advertisement you clicked on and where you were viewing the advertisement. In connection with serving content and providing analytics and advertisement services, third parties may collect certain information about your visits to the Tampico Sites or other websites. These third parties may set and access their own tracking technologies (including cookies and web beacons) and may otherwise collect or have access to your Device Identifier, Usage Information, and related information about you. Cookies and web beacons, including those set by third-party network advertisers, may be used to, among other things, target advertisements, prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times, and to conduct research regarding the usefulness of certain advertisements to you. We may share Device Identifier and Usage Information about visitors with third-party advertising companies, analytics providers, and other vendors for similar purposes. While we may use a variety of service providers to perform advertising and analytics services, some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. You may want to visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members. You may also want to visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and offers an “opt-out” by participating companies in the DAA Self-Regulatory Program.
Tampico takes commercially reasonable security measures to help protect and secure Personal Information. However, please remember that no data storage or data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. So, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, Tampico cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Therefore, you understand, acknowledge, and agree that you transmit Personal Information to the Tampico Sites at your own risk.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
The Tampico Sites are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that the information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Tampico Sites, or providing us with any information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer, processing, and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS